An online community for mom's & mom's to be.

HomeFAQSearchRegisterMemberlistUsergroupsLog in

Share | 

Would it be appropriate.....

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Krystena

Number of posts : 7
Registration date : 2008-02-27

PostSubject: Would it be appropriate.....   Sat Apr 05, 2008 1:41 pm

Would it make me a bad person if I yelled at the next stranger who insists on touching my stomach. I would never do that to someone I didn't know!!! What are they thinking.

I was in WalMart yesterday and some lady comes up and touches my belly and then does the whole "awe... when are you due?" thing. Learn some etiquette people!!! First of all, if you are going to approach someone you don't know, it's probably a good idea to speak words before you reach out and violate their personal space. Second of all, stop it!!!

Thanks for letting me vent!

Krystena
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Crystin

Number of posts : 142
Registration date : 2008-02-18

PostSubject: Re: Would it be appropriate.....   Sat Apr 05, 2008 9:54 pm

I had the same thing happen to me at Lowes when I was about 2 months preggo! It was such a shocker that people actually do that to you!! I have since learned how to prevent it for myself. Anytime anyone approaches you with that "gonna touch your belly" twinkle in their eyes, touch your own tummy or start rubbing it. Your hand being there will dissuade them from touching. I they persist, tell them to stop and that you are not comfortable. I have done that as well. It works Razz

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.myspace.com/crystinspace
lil_miss_86

Number of posts : 68
Registration date : 2008-02-18

PostSubject: Re: Would it be appropriate.....   Tue Apr 08, 2008 6:37 pm

Krystena, I don't think that would make you a bad person at all. I am totally sick of people coming up to me and either touching my belly (like rub buddha's belly for good luck, well thats what I feel) or going, when are you due and when I say in June the ask, Are you sure there isn't more than one in there.

It gets so annoying! ARGH!!! Most people know just to look at me weirdly now, it's like I walk around with such a nasty look on my face that people know not to touch! lol

Love Em
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Would it be appropriate.....   

Back to top Go down

Would it be appropriate.....
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Venting-
Jump to: